Learning through Kindifarm
Each child will have an engaging, hands-on experience of the sights, sounds, smells and touches of the farm. This supportive active environment encourages children’s engagement in learning.
Kindifarm embraces an experience that relates to The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia: Belonging, Being and Becoming.
Learning Outcomes: A Kindifarm session uses intentional teaching to engage individual and groups of children to build on their prior knowledge and confidence.
1. Children feel at ease with the animals and have a positive experience. Children learn to interact with care, empathy and respect.
2. Children experience mutually enjoyable, caring and respectful relationships with people and the environment (our animals). EYLFp25
3. Children are helped to feel at ease when faced with this newenvironment, and are very proud of their success and achievement with the animals.
4. ‘Children develop understanding of themselves and their worldthrough active, hands-on investigation.’ EYLF p33
5. Children are encouraged to communicate their feelings, thoughts and ideas during our visit.
Activity sheets are provided to encourage pre and post visit learning. A Kindifarm visit provides children with an increased confidence; and a story to reflect uponwith their peers, family and friends.
Apples and Honey Preschool
We absolutely loved having the Kindy Farm this week. The children and families all loved it with so many learning opportunities throughout the day. We will definitely be getting them back next year.